Ingredients required- 4 medium brinjals, 1 teaspoon mustard seeds, 1 stalk curry leaves, 1 cup onion, 1 teaspoon Kashmiri red chilli, 1 tablespoon coconut powder, 1 teaspoon ginger, 1 teaspoon garlic, 2 cloves, 2 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1 green chilli, 1 teaspoon turmeric, 1/2 cup tamarind extract, 2 tablespoon roasted peanuts, 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds, 1/2 inches cinnamon and salt as required.
- Firstly chop brinjals by slitting them into four parts without removing the stalk. Now dip them in salt water for some time.
- In order to prepare the stuffing, roast peanuts, sesame seeds, cloves, cinnamon stick, coconut powder and coriander seeds. Roast on low flame for 2-3 minutes. Let it cool down a bit and add the mixture to a blender. Also add garlic, ginger and green chilli, ½ cup onions and salt as per taste. Add 2-4 tbsp water and blend to form a thick paste.
- Stuff the slit brinjals with this masala properly.
- Prepare the curry by heating some oil in a pan. Add ½ cup onions, curry leaves, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, turmeric and red chilli powder. Now add tamarind extract and mix well.
- Drop in the stuffed brinjals, add water if the curry seems too thick. Cook for 2-3 minutes and serve.